Monday, December 12, 2005

mundane

"there are no ordinary people. you have never talked to a mere mortal. nations, cultures, arts, civilizations - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life as a gnat. but it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit - immortal horrors or everlasting splendors." cs lewis daily, we influence those around to become immortal horrors or everlasting splendors. for me, this means emmy and maddie. this made me think that these little people, although i've never thought them ordinary,they are constantly watching me, constantly taking cues from me about thier importance, constantly learning about their heavenly Father through my actions. (run-on sent) what is my influence on them? are they seeing Christ through me? Have they figured out that they are true princesses? that they are immortal souls and heirs of God. suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. my job isn't mundane - my job is eternal. they say you can't take anything with you into heaven, but i have two things - emmy and maddie - my eteranal splendors.

5 comments:

serendipity said...

you are simply beautiful- inside and out. and i know that your forever joys believe that as well. i miss you friend. i'll call soon.

crt said...

i miss you too. hope you are comepletely whole and well. looking forward to talking.

serendipity said...

not so whole. not so well. facing a storm of immense proportions. sorry if i'm quiet and absent- i'm very weak. quite lost. please pray.

crt said...

i am praying you'll weather the storm with grace. tried to call last night, but no answer. i will try again this evening. much love

elea said...

christy, are you ok? praying too on my way home...