Wednesday, January 03, 2007

you can do anything that you want to do






polar slide
at the children's
museum

























"play scape"
one giant sand
box













around the
world















playing in
a construction
zone














4-story glass
structure














mad is amazed
at the glass
structure










em's own glass
"masterpiece"













digging for bones













outside of our
museum














end of the day











we took some of our Christmas money and bought a year's pass to the children's museum.
so if you're in town be ready to pilot a boat down a river, escavate dino bones, design you own glass structure, construct a suspension bridge, etc... anything is possible.

8 comments:

Caslon said...

How fun!!! It's interesting that the glass sculpture that Em played with looks a whole lot like the one the Art Department at UTC designed for the Childrens museum here in Chatt. Next time you are in town we will have to go there with the girls.
I looks like they had a lot of fun.
I love the 4 story glass sculpture - I bet that's really something to see in person.

crt said...

it is. there are revolving chairs below it. camera man would love it. sorry i can't do it justice.

crt said...

there are several different shape platforms which children can build works of glass art.

Tech Mom said...

I'm so glad you did that for the girls It is an awsome place and will be a great adventure--how did maddie deal with the dinosaur thunderstorm??

Caslon said...

We would love to go there next time we visit.

Lauren said...

that will be FUN! I bet bear would even like parts of it. She had fun walking along the sidewalk today. Not strolling... walking.

crt said...

you all would love it

Grace said...

Hey this is Grace... blog-friend of Lauren (I feel like I've known her for years) and personal friend to Lauren's friend Farmwife. Lauren made comment to Muncie, IN being around where you and I live on her post so I figured out who you were and came over. I am very excited to see pictures of The Children's Museum on here. We've been there alot, and we're going next month for my middle child's (D.K.) birthday. He originally wanted the zoo, but we talked him out of it because it's so cold.

Do you live in Indi? If you do, we're not too far away. We can be on the outskirts in about 45 minutes. I'd love to have a blog friend who actually lives near me. Presently everyone's far away. Farmwife's a couple hours and Lauren's about 5 1/2. Anyway, I plan to start coming over here to get to know you now that I know you're here.