Thursday, March 22, 2007

in case you were wondering

em's hypothesis was correct. it took a total of three days for the water to evaporate.

maddie slept in her big bed one night. she likes her little bed because it's "just my size."

em caught a mild flu bug. she's thrilled to be off school. after having a reprieve from fever this morning, it came back. once again, she's thrilled because that means no school tomorrow. of course, she's not completely off the hook. because i whipped out the handy dandy bj home school books and work on the letter the week. tomorrow we'll do math. nothing like being sick enough to stay home from school, but well enough to do school.

mad's had the fever, but no other symptoms. today her fever broke. hopefully, it will stay that way and not rebound like ems.

by the way, it's spring which apparently means "it's time to wear shorts all the time" - em

7 comments:

Caslon said...

I hope they feel better soon.

Em should come down here wear her aunt and uncle never wear shorts.... It would take a beach to break out those...

Caslon said...

poor em... having to do school work when home sick...

Lauren said...

you slavedriver, you! reminding her that if she homeschools she won't get off so easy, eh?

Grace said...

We've had every bug that we could possibly get this winter. I'm still coughing from the stuff I had almost three weeks ago. Hopefully with this warmer weather, the windows open more, and spring break with the kids not in school, we'll get over it all and stay well.

My kids have actually not tried to pull out the shorts yet, amazing. Although Bee has been going thru her next size up summer hand me downs from my cuz's little girl with great anticipation.

Tech Mom said...

I think Gram should give em lessons on bringing up her temp by holding the thermometer under hot water and next to a light bulb!!

Caslon said...

just make sure it's not a mercury thermometer.... I broke one one time trying to see how fast I could get it to go up.... I touched it to our stove in the living room during the winter....

crt said...

i doubt em needs too much help being evil.