Friday, March 16, 2007

quick quotes

yesterday we started an evaporation experiment. we measured out a cup of water and poured it into a jar. we poured another cup into a large bowl. em was asked to hypothesize which would evaporate faster.
she believed the bowls contents would evaporate first because it has the wider opening. today we measured the contents. of course, she was correct. today the bowl only had 2/3's cup of water remaining. after measuring i asked, "how many days do you think it will take the rest of the water to evaporate?"
"2 days"

pretty good at fractions. she didn't get it from me.

tonight we hung a cinderella picture in mad's room. we asked her where we should put the picture.
"on the wall"
"yes we know on the wall, but where on the wall."
"on my wall!"

tonight is her first night sleeping in a "big" bed. we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Tech Mom said...

Yeah for maddie sleeping in a big girl bed!! Daddy's little math girl is not going to be outdone either!!

Grace said...

Bee still sleeps in a toddler bed. Someday I suppose we'll have to spring for the new mattress and box springs to go with the bed my dad made for me when I was little, but for now, she still fits in the toddler bed... barely.

happymcfamily said...

I'm impressed!